Monday, 2 March 2009

MoJo76 Happy Easter !

Another Monday and another awesome MoJo sketch.Since this is the first Monday of the month, that means its contest time again and Julee will be giving away Verve Stamps as prizes.You have until Sunday at 8pm MDT. to get your entries in.
So what are you waiting for, head on over to the MoJo MOnday Blog and take part.All the MoJo Makers would love to see your project.
I don't know how Julee does it, creating all these wonderful sketches, but
I am so glad she does.With work and every day life, I rely on all the sketches to take the guess work out of creating a card. It makes it so much easier to create.I am so honoured to part of her team.I look forward each week to uploading my creation and seeing all the other MoJoMakers cards, plus everyone who takes part.So much talent out there, its easy to get your creativity flowing.


I had fun with this card, but still not sure I am totally pleased with it.
I knew I wanted it to be a Easter card , but I have very little in Easter stamps.
So when making this card, I thought of a card Laurie had made awhile back,
and I loved the idea she had and always wanted to try it.So figured this was a good time to try,lol. You should check out her blog,if you haven't already.
She does amazing work.I used the same idea as Laurie, but my basket is way smaller, I think I could have cut it down a bit more.Tell me what you think?
I made the basket , weaving strips of paper 1/4.I used my new MS Cornice border punch.I just love the look of it.I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the sentiment,did some piercing.
I stamped all the eggs from Verve stamps and then cut them out.I also decorated the inside of my card.I really liked seeing the inside of cards,
so may do that to more of my cards.
Supplies:
Stamps; Verve, Happy Easter from Su
Paper; Manhattan
Ink;MS
Accessories; Offray ribbon, MS border punch, Sakura Gelly Roll Pen.
Don't forget to check out the rest of the MoJo Makers and
also take part in the contest.I look forward to seeing your work.
Thanks you for visiting and have a wonderful Monday.

15 comments:

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

Sarah, I am luvin this basket, so adorable...and I luv how you stamped the eggs on the inside long ways.....stunning! *~*

kadie said...

This is beautiful, Sarah! I love the paper, use of layout, embies and the weaving is TDF! Wow. Great card!!

Justine said...

Sarah, your card has left me with my mouth hanging open. Spectacular Dawling

Carol said...

Beautiful - no other word.

Just a question, I am looking for
the Mr. Linky that is mentioned in the Mojo Monday e-mail, but cannot find where I can enter my entry.
Can you help me out. It says to look for Mr. Linky at the bottom of the newsletter, but I cannot find anything.
Thanks! Carol

LeAnne said...

Very cute, love your creativity!

Maria Gurnsey said...

this is super Sarah!! I love all the different eggs and the inside of the card :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, I just love your basket full of Vervey colored Easter eggs! Beautiful card, Sarah!

Judy McMullen said...

Sarah, this is beautiful! I love the basket...what an inspiration. and the eggs are terrific too.

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

Hi Sarah!! I love the little egg basket... how fun! the colors are fab too!

Cami said...

I love your woven basket, Sarah! Great idea. Did you say 1/4" strips? I really love how this card turned out, and the blue and brown is lovely together. The eggs on the inside of your card really finishes off the card very well.

Wendy said...

Sarah, I can't believe you made that basket! The eggs are perfect!

Stephanie Hargis said...

This is absolutely adorable Sarah! The basket is such a genius idea! You are so creative girl!

((hugs))

Charlette said...

Sarah, This card is just way to cute. I love the basket with the eggs in it! Great idea! Just found your blog today will be visiting everyday. Love your work.

Helen said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful colours and papers!
Helen x

Carol said...

I can't believe you're not quite sure about this card??????
It is absolutely frickin' ADORABLE!
Just gorgeous.