Wednesday, 4 March 2009

Pink Chocolate Kiwi Butterfly !

Hi Peeps, I made this card for the color challenge CC208 on SCS.
The colors were Pink ,Chocolate, Kiwi.I didn't have the exact colors
so went with the closest I had.
I saw a card made similar to this awhile back at a scrap store, with the window
cutout and the folds.I have wanted to try it, so today I decided to step outside
the box.
I made this from memory and its not exact , I put my spin on it.
I thought my new Inkadinkado stamp set , I recently bought, would be perfect for this card..I so love this butterfly.
But I am pleased with how it turned out and will try this again.
I am uploading several pics so you can see how it was put together.




I used BG Infuse papers.I cut 2 cards 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4.
Placed one inside the other , cut and scored.I cut the window and the scallop border with my long nesties.I did the folds with my score-it.I stamped
the butterfly, colored it with Copics, cut it out and glued it so it
would pop off the card and thru the window.I outlined the butterfly
with a glitter pen.It is really glittery and doesn't show up so much in the pics.
I used two Inkadinkado stamps to create the look of the butterfly with the tail.
I added some pink & green rhinestones .
Supplies:
Stamps; Inkadinkado Butterfly, Verve verse
Paper; BG " Infuse"
Ink; Memento
Accessories; Offray ribbon, Long Nesties,Copics markers, Mixture of rhinestones from $store,
Score-it,Glitter Gelly roll pen.
Thank you for visiting.I love hearing all your comments.
Have a wonderful day.

9 comments:

Unfading Spring said...

Wow I just love the Butterfly, super card, love the way the butterfly pops out.

Hugs Carol x

Shirley Smith said...

Awesome card . Visit your blog often .

Judy McMullen said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card! Love the butterfly and how you did a cut out to "pop" it. Beautiful!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Gloria said...

Absolutely Awesome card Sarah!

"Um Buggin" said...

Your card is just stunning! i love your color choices, and that butterfly is awesome. TFS

~L~

Paulette said...

beautiful!

Deanna said...

I love this card. The butterfly is just beautiful. I am going to try to duplicate the inside "pop". Think it will be great for my hostess club.
Thanks for sharing.

Corry said...

that butterfly card is just stunning....wow.

Brenda aka iowagean said...

Very pretty card.. Wow are you ever a talented card maker.. So much detail in this card.. Love the butterfly!.. Very pretty colors too!..