Monday, 16 March 2009

White Mats with Black Rose Artichokes &Birthday Candy !

Wow, what a title.Several Challenges rolled into one.
I've been busy trying to catch up on some challenges I had saved to do.
I started out with each challenge but before long I had ended up
combining my challenges into one card.
I wanted to try the color challenge CC209 on SCS.
I loved this color combo, but didn't have the exact colors,so went with
what I had that was closest.I then went with this sketch SC218 from SCS,
I had saved from a couple weeks ago.After I had my card made, I realized
it also qualified for the challenge Sharon had posted.
It is also the Limited Supply Challenge on OCC.
I seldom make cards that are simple and without pattern paper,but I so love Sharon's cards and wanted to try this.I love the look of showing more white.


Supplies;
Paper; Bazzill CS
Stamps;Inque
Ink; SU
Accessories; Offray ribbon, tombows, stickles, Labels nesties.


This card I made using the challenge from Flourishes.
I also went with more white showing.The Cs I used, really does match
my ribbon and stamp flower IRL.Not sure why its looks more blue.
Supplies;
Stamps; Flourishes, Inkadinkado butterfly
Paper; Bazzill Cs,MM paper.
Ink;Su
Accessories; Ovals nesties,Stickles,$store rhinestones, MA ribbon, CB embossing.

Now for the Blog candy.As I mention in my earlier post,
I will be celebrating my Birthday on Thursday and I wanted you all to
celebrate with me, so I am giving away some candy.
So what do you have to do to win this?


Here is what you have to do .
1. Add a post on your blog about my candy and a link back to my blog.
2. Post a comment on this post by midnight my time Sat March 21st. I will pick a winner via random org. on Sun.
I have a clock in my side bar, so you can check my time.
Good Luck and Thanks for joining me in my celebration.

Have a wonderful day.

20 comments:

Christi said...

Your cards are gorgeous!! And happy early birthday!!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

WOW -- what great cards!!! I love your white matted card -- so very, very pretty -- great job on it!!! And Happy Birthday to you a few days early! Hope you have a great one!!! Thanks much for playing my challenge!!!

Cr8ive ME said...

What great cards. And Happy Birthday!

I posted about your candy on my blog:
http://cr8iveme.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I don't have a blog, but I do wish you a Happy Birthday! Beautiful Cards.

Swedie

Martha said...

awesome blog candy :)

Pat said...

I too, want to wish you a Happy Birthday! I don't have a blog to give you a link on, but may your day be special!

Corry said...

well happy birthday to you when the day comes and that is so generous of you.......looks like a fun collection of goodies.

I love your cards, simple elegance, need to use white space more than i do.

Lost in Paper said...

Sarah, your cards are amazing!!!! i love the butterfly!!! I will try to fulfill the "Candy" requirements ASAP and let you know, but even if I don't I love your cards!!!!!!!!

DanaScraps43 said...

Sarah so nice to see anothr Maritimer at SNR. I love your cards they are beautiful. Just want to say Happy Birthday to you and hope that it will be a great day. Wishing you much of fun and scrappy presents. Lol. Thanks so much for this contest. Sorry to say I don't have a blog yet, but would surely pass this on if I did.

Patti J. said...

I hope that you have a wonderful birthday! And I love your title for this posting! Lol! The card is so pretty - your hand must have cramped up with all of that piercing!!! Again, happy birthday! I will be happy to put out a wish for you on my blog!

NormaJ said...

Sarah, all your cards are lovely.
I haven't visited for a while so it
is a treat to see your works of passion. I wish you the happiest of birthdays and may you receive bouquets of flowers as pretty as those you created. I will be glad
to mention you on my blog.

Estela said...

Happy early birthday! What beautiful cards. I love the understated elegance!

I linked you on my sidebar!

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday! I just celebrated my birthday a week and a half ago.

I have put a post on my blog about your site. You are also on my list of "inspirations". :)

Thank you for the chance to win some great prizes!

Have a wonderful day!
-Lindsay

Hilde Larsen aka. Tindaloo said...

great blogcandy! thanks for a chance to win it :) I've linked to u in my candybar, and I've got candy on my blog too!

Silke said...

Sarah - both cards are just gorgeous!!! I'm glad you had a chance to play the OCC and the Flourishes Sketch!!! Thank you for playing along!!! Hugs ~S~

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday And thanks for the chance at your candy
I'll add you in my side bar
thanks Nikki

Rhynah said...

What a great blog candy, thanks for the chance to win it!

I've linked you on my blog's sidebar. I hope that's alright. :)

Greetings from Sweden!

Katarina said...

What a great candy Sarah. I'd love to get those easter stamps since I don't have that many easter ones :)

I've written about your candy on my blog:

kamadesign

Happy birthday!

lotsa scrap said...

Got here via SNR where I replied. I linked your blog candy alert to my sidebar at: http://2amscrapper.blogspot.com/
Happy Birthday and thanks for sharing.

Julie Temple said...

Oh goodness, I have had you linked for a while and never posted...LOL! I hope your day was WONDERFUL!

Hugs,
Julie