Wednesday, 5 August 2009

Happy Birthday Jacob!

Its my Grandson's birthday and he will be 11.
He wanted a Pittsburgh Penquins hat for his birhtday,since he is a huge
Pittsburgh fan and a big fan of Sidney Crosby.
We bought him his hat , so I decided to make him a card and matching gift bag.
I know NHL Logos are copyrighted but I debated about using the logo.
From what I read I think its ok to use it on a card for personal use.
I am sure Jacob will be so pleased with it.
I know he will wear his hat proudly when he meets Sidney on Friday.
Sidney is from our area and he will be bringing home the cup for everyone to see.It is also Sidney's birthday.
They have a big parade and events planned for this occasion.
I wish I could get down to the city as well but I have to work,but I am sure all the kids and the adults as will,lol will have a grand time on Friday.

Set.

Gift Bag
Inside of card
I matched up the Penquin colors with some SU paper and a brown paper gift bag fromWM.
I find it hard to make masculine cards, cause I always want to keep adding ribbon , or bling.I did find some black twill among my stash and used a bit of that.
Stamptacular is also hosting a challenge called "Child's Play".
I thought this project fitted right with their challenge.
Supplies:
Paper: SU
INk; SU
Stamps: Verve
Accessories:Labels nesties, MM button brads, twill ribbon,Ek success border
punch,WM gift bag, Penquins Hat.

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you.
Have a wonderful day.


10 comments:

Liza said...

A gorgeous card and gift bag set, perfect for a boy. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

jillyscreations said...

these are wonderful. thank you for taking part at ssc

Carly said...

Absolutely wonderful! I love the card and the fabulous gift bag set! Great job! Thanks for playing!

June Houck said...

Super fab masculine card and coordinating gifts. You are a paper crafting goddess :)

Paula said...

What a great job you did on this set! Just love it and I hope the recipient did too!

I'm so glad you could join us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

Pleasantly,

Paula

Sprytebyrd said...

Great project! I'm sure he will love it all! Maybe even take his lunch to school in that cool gift bag! :)
Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!
Dee

Nikki Schmaltz said...

What an awesome project. Your grandson will be THRILLED. Thanks for joining us at SSC this week:)

Crafting Joanne said...

What a wonderful set to match the hat Sarah, fabulous idea which I'm sure will be much appreciated by your grandson.

Thanks for joining us this week at SSC.

Joanne x

Julie said...

Very personalized! It will be so memorable for him. Neat idea!

jannekescreations said...

Beautiful.

Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Janneke X