Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Bundle Of Love .....DiaperCake & Wreath

Hi everyone, I took the Diva Dare over at Verve.

I have been wanting to make one of these Diaper cakes since I started seeing them pop up over at SCS some time ago.But didn't know anyone that was preggie .
Then one of the women at my store was preggie and I knew that I had to make a cake for her.
Her baby shower was this past Sunday, she is due to have her baby by C-section on Feb 8th.She knows its gonna be a boy, so I decided to go with a green and blue layout.
Since I knew this was what I was gonna make for awhile now, I started looking for things in blue and green to match.Over several weeks I found
things in the dollar bins, so as not to make it too too expensive.



So next I googled several tuts on how to create this cake,
and I came across this tut by Susan>>>>>>DiaperCake Tut
Susan's tut was so easy to follow.



While searching for the Diaper Cake Tut, I came across the
wreath and of course I had to try this as well.
I found a tut here >>>>> Dipaer Wreath
I just sorta did my own thing with this.
I folded my dipers in half the long ways before securing the the wreath.
I also used a wire ring I found at M's which I got for $2.

Front View


Back View



Side View


After making the cake and wreath, I went on a search for some paper
to match and I was amazed to find this paper in my stash from BG.
It matched perfectly and I knew I wanted to make the onesie card.
You can find Laurens tut here>>>>>Onesie Card
I used Verve's Practically Perfect set for the Bundle Of Love sentiment.


Inside of card


It seems like a lot of work, but it only took me about
3 hrs to make it all.So easy when you have everything you want to use in front of you.

The Cake and Wreath was a huge success at the shower.
Everyone wanted to know how I made it and how long it took,lol.

I hope you take The Diva Dare.
Have a wonderful day.

14 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

I don't even know where to begin!! This is just beyond precious!! I love the color theme, and all the cute baby embellishments!! What a super fantastic project!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I bet she was thrilled with it, so very cute! She is going to hate to take it apart to use the stuff!

Rhonda said...

What a wonderful project. I'm sure it was a blessing too.

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh my, Sarah...this is lovely! You've done a specacular job with both the cake and the wreath! And the card is fabby too! Thanks for the links for the tutorials...what a wealth of information! Love the colors and the super baby details that you've added to each project. Simply stunning!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just amazing, Sarah! Love every little thing about it! Thanks for taking the Diva Dare!

Amy Sheffer said...

Amazing!! Love every detail! What a gift!!!

Maureen said...

this is just adorable!!! I made a cake like this for a girlfriend's shower and it was the hit of the party:) Never seen the wreath, though...good way to use up the spare diapers:) thanks for sharing this great gift ensemble :)

resmith said...

Such a wondeful gift set! Love everything about it!

♥Sue♥ said...

This Bundle of love Is just so adorable I love it you did awsome job very cute :O)

Ravengirl said...

This is super cute!

Jenny Watson said...

These are too good. Being innovative and nice these will be surely loving for a boy shower party. You have done a great job for the mother's baby shower program. Nice concepts indeed.

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog here! Also your website a lot up fast!
What web host are you the use of? Can I am getting your associate hyperlink for your host?
I want my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

Visit my web blog ... Ipad stylus

Anonymous said...

I every time used to read piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user of web
thus from now I am using net for posts, thanks
to web.

Feel free to surf to my blog - minion rush hack

Anonymous said...

electronic cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, e cig, electronic cigarette, electronic cigarette, electronic cigarettes reviews