Friday, 1 July 2011

WaterMellon anyone?

Hi and welcome to
 Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #27
Picnic/Summer Fun Theme

Todays challenge : to create a project, card,etc on this theme.
My project started with this
gorgeous ribbon  Sheer Ombre Kiwi/Watermellon from RRR.
 Once I knew what ribbon I was gonna use I set about making a basket with a card to match.
I googled and found several tuts on
watermellon baskets.
I sorta took a bit from each site and did my own thing.
Here are the 2 sites:
Basket 1
Basket 2

For the basket I used some SU cardstock  and a piece of paper from MY Minds Eye "Bohemia" .
For the seeds I used a MS branch punch,
and cut them apart.
I also used a MS punch for the handle and treaded the watermellon ribbon thru.Added a bow to each side,filled the basket with some watermellon treats.
For my card I used the same papers,added the watermellon piece I cut off from  top of the basket .
I found the sentiment I used  online.
Added more of the Watermellon ribbon from RRR.









Now lets see some Picnic/Summer Fun creations.
The winner will receive  a $10. gift certificate to Really Reasonable Ribbon .
We will also be drawing a random winnner to win another $10.gift certificate.
Be sure to use ribbon , lace or some sort of trim on your creations.
I look forward to seeing all your creations.
Be sure to check out the RRR team for their awesome creations.
Have a wonderful day.

Happy Canada Day  to all my fellow Canadians.


Our town is hosting  a Car show and The  Car club  we belong to will be there with their old cars.Will be loads of fun.
After the celebrations, we will be at friends for a yummy BBQ!
Have a wonderful day !

3 comments:

Marisa said...

What a fabulous project, Sarah!! LOVE the watermelon theme! Great details on both. Enjoy your long weekend too :)

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness Sarah I absolutely LOVE your watermelon bag, how totally ADORABLE!!!! soooo creative and fabulous!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Toucan Scraps said...

this is so clever and looks like such a fun basket set.